Wednesday 21 May 2014

Thirteen Weddings by Paige Toon

Synopsis
Last year, Bronte left Sydney for a wedding in England, where she met newly single Alex. After a night of passion they parted ways, and Bronte returned to Australia.
Now working on a picture desk for a magazine in London, Bronte is about to meet her new colleague, who turns out to be all too familiar. Although awkward at first, as Alex is now engaged to the girl he was on a break from when they met, they soon become friends.
But as the two get closer, and the wedding day looms, it is clear that Alex and Bronte have unfinished business…






Review
I have loved Paige Toon's books ever since I read 'Lucy in the Sky' many many years ago. She writes so beautifully, you are wrapped up in her stories from beginning to end.

Bronte has a lot going on in her life. She has a busy job, where she has just discovered she has to work with someone she fell pretty hard for, despite only  spending one night together. She also has a weekend job assisting a wedding photographer, where she meets lots of friends, old and new.

The dynamics between Bronte and her friends was fantastic. The were all so warm and welcoming, there wasn't one that I wouldn't want as a friend of my own. Bridget especially I though was a great friend to Bea.

I absolutely loved the theme of this book. I loved weddings, and am interested in photography so really enjoyed that aspect too. The scene with the  amateur photographer Uncle at one of the weddings really made me laugh out loud to myself, cue a strange look from my boyfriend.

Throughout this book I was constantly second guessing which way Bea would turn in her life. For the most part, I wasn't keen on Alex, I thought he was very selfish, I know he was confused about his feelings, but he failed to see how his actions were tang a toll on Bronte.


This book has all the magic of Paige's previous books and deals with tough issues, both during Bronte's present life and her past. This is woven in with some light hearted fun. Also included in the book are the sneak peeks into the lives of characters from past novels, which are as charming as ever. This is definitely a book you need to pick up, but then what else is to be expected of one of my favourite authors?




Released on 22nd May 2014

Order on Amazon now!

Published by: Simon and Schuster UK


Gratefully received from the Publisher for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...