Sunday 9 November 2014

#SundayChallenge week 6 and 7


Firstly, thank you to Ana at This Chick Reads for hosting #SundayChallenge, and also to Paris at  Paris Baker's Book Nook for hosting #SpookyReadsWeek


#SundayChallenge - Week 6: 26th October - 2nd November!
Read ONE book that is the author's debut or the first book you have read from that Author

OK I am a week behind in my #SundayChallenge posters, the last week has been very busy so I haven't had time  to put together my thoughts on week 6, so here is what I read that week. Which also coincided with Paris Baker's #SpookyReadsWeek, for which I planned to read a debut thriller to coincide with #SundayChallenge and Sebastian Gregory's new book 'The Boy in the Cemetery'

The debut book I chose to read was Daughter by Jane Shemilt. The synopsis really intrigued me and for the most part I liked it. I will write a review of this soon for a more complete overview about what I did and did not like.


Sebastian Gregory's book was a whole lot more successful, delightfully disgusting and really creepy, the perfect read for #SpookyReadsWeek! Fans of Sebastian's previous books  will not be disappointed




#SundayChallenge - Week 7: 2nd November - 9th November!
Read ONE book that is a rom-com or a LOL book

As I mentioned above this week has been busy, and I have really struggled to read for any long amount of time. The book I chose was 'The Stall of Second Chances' by Dana Bate. This book was really enjoyable, and once I could sit down for an extended amount of time (thank god for train journeys!) I absolutely soared through this book. With all the talk of delicious food, I was constantly craving the delicious delights this book mentioned. I will be reviewing this on 2nd of December.


This weeks challenge  (9th-16th November) is to read one Christmas themed book, you could win 'Yours Truly' by Kirsty Greenwood, I adore this book so check it out!

What is #SundayChallenge?
#SundayChallenge is a challenge among a group of readers on twitter, previous examples of challenges range from "Read 3 paperback/hardback books" to "Read 1 book that is released in September/October 2014". It starts every Sunday at 1pm and you have one week to complete the challenge, so ends at 1pm the following Sunday. It is hosted by the lovely Ana from ThisChickReads.com, check out her blog it's awesome, and also make sure to follow her on twitter @ThisChickReads! Ana has even started sorting out prizes for participants, so thank you Ana, you're doing some amazing work! If you want to participate, once the challenge is announced on ThisChickReads twitter, just reply to Ana's tweet saying you'd like to join, simple!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...