Wednesday 28 October 2015

Why I Love...Back To The Future


Why I Love...Back To The Future

I know guys, I missed the perfect opportunity to post this article last week, but it never occurred to me until my friend Laura (@grumpygirlie) suggested it!  


I first saw them about 12 years ago when Simon was amazed that I hadn’t seen them before, and quickly they became my favourite series of films, and Simon and I being  a teeny tiny bit nerdy have named our home network around it, so our Wifi is called Mr Fusion, our password is related to BTTF and our network storage is called Marty. 

On Back To The Future Day last week, I went to the cinema to watch all three films back to back, and it was so worth it. I can pretty much remember every single scene in BTTF almost word for word, but number 2 and 3 I’m more sketchy on. Obviously I knew the plot, but on re-watching them again, other than the opening and end of BTTF3, it was almost like watching them for the first time as I had forgotten alot of the scenes and in jokes. It was absolutely fabulous experiencing the movies surrounded by other people who love the movies, and on the big screen it was just that little bit more special, and we all had a giggle at the end of BTTF2 when it informed us BTTF3 would be out Summer 1990, which I don't think is on the DVD version.




I love Michael J Fox, he is absolutely great as Marty, as is Christopher Lloyd as Doc. The running jokes that run through the movies endear me even more to the movies. In short, in my view all 3 films are pure perfection. I can’t help but smile whenever I think of them, and if I’m ever feeling down, I know sticking one of these blu-rays on will lighten my mood immensely, and along with Family Guy must be the most quoted thing between Simon and I, even if it’s just a simple ‘This is Heavy’ or randomly going 'MARTY' like the dorks we are.

Recommended Reading:


 
If I Could Turn Back Time by Nicola Doherty
Step Back In Time by Ali McNamara

The next two aren't stricly time travel, but do remind me of it in some ways.


Written in the Stars by Ali Harris
The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern

2 comments:

  1. I'm mentioned by name in your blog??? Great Scott!
    Love those films too. We managed the first two at home last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm watching them again this weekend, as Simon couldn't make the cinema on BTTF day, so I promised I'd watch them back to back when he gets back from Cambridge this week :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...