Tuesday 7 October 2014

Third Time Lucky by Pippa Croft

Synopsis
'Captain Hunt has been involved a serious incident.'

This call changes everything for Lauren Cusack. Her relationship with impossibly handsome aristocrat Alexander Hunt has been turbulent, passionate, and addictive, and now she rushes to his side knowing she will inevitably be sucked back into his world.

And sure enough, Alexander remains an intoxicating cocktail Lauren cannot resist and despite everything she finds herself happier than ever. 

As Lauren's final term at Wyckham College races by, she is offered the perfect job back in Washington. With Alexander tied to his Estate, the fragility of their romance hits home.


Review
**Warning this review may contain spoilers for the first two books**

I have absolutely loved the previous two books in the ‘Oxford Blue’ series (see my reviews of book 1 and book 2). ‘Second time I met you’ ended on a massive cliff-hanger and I was eagerly anticipating the release of this book, happily the time has come and I couldn’t wait to dive right in.

You join right where book 2 left off, Lauren is rushing to Alexander’s side after learning about his accident. I really felt for Lauren, you could see she was shaken and felt her worry. Even though Alexander and Lauren had fallen out, Lauren still cared for him deeply, and I can only imagine what she would be going through.

All the characters from the previous books come back, though some of them, like Immy play a smaller role, as quite a bit of the book is before term starts, looking after Alexander. Professor Rafe plays a smaller role as well, which I can only be pleased about as he is incredibly creepy, though the other two ‘baddies’ play a more pronounced role, and while I don’t like the character’s personalities as they are even more despicable than before, what they bought to the book I thought was really good. It was nice to see a change in Alexander too. He seemed more sympathetic to Lauren. In the past he seems to brush over Valentina’s antics, whether he hadn't realised the games she was playing and thought Lauren was being paranoid, or he gave her more leeway than other people because of their family history, I don’t know. It was nice to see Alexander change in that way, as he can often be quite stubborn.

The visit from Lauren’s parents was great as we got to know them more and it led nicely into thinking about what Lauren would do after the term ends, especially what would happen between Lauren and Alexander. I wasn’t sure which way this would end, and it veered off in a slightly different way of the two options I had in mind, which was good!

Overall the book was a great finish to Lauren’s year at Oxford, and I would still love to read more adventures of what Lauren gets up to in the future.



Released as eBook on 9th October 2014
Released as paperback on 4th December 2014

Order on Amazon now!

Published by: Penguin UK

Gratefully received from the Publisher for review.


Want to wind down after a long week/day at work with a good book and a glass of wine?
I will talk about a nice wine I drank which I think suits the mood of this book
.

For 'Third Time Lucky' I chose a Sauvignon Blanc from Touraine, in the Loire Valley, France.
I always think of French wines as being very traditional. This was really delicious, dry with a lot of crisp acidity, slight gooseberry flavours and smells which is perfect when reading this book which is quintessentially English.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...