Sunday 19 October 2014

#SundayChallenge - Week 4 12th-19th October!


What is #SundayChallenge?
#SundayChallenge is a challenge among a group of readers on twitter, previous examples of challenges range from "Read 3 paperback/hardback books" to "Read 1 book that is released in September/October 2014". It starts every Sunday at 1pm and you have one week to complete the challenge, so ends at 1pm the following Sunday. It is hosted by the lovely Ana from ThisChickReads.com, check out her blog it's awesome, and also make sure to follow her on twitter @ThisChickReads! Ana has even started sorting out prizes for participants, so thank you Ana, you're doing some amazing work! If you want to participate, once the challenge is announced on ThisChickReads twitter, just reply to Ana's tweet saying you'd like to join, simple!

#SundayChallenge - Week 4 12th-19th October!
Read ONE Christmas themed book (any length, any format)

Well this week I was really looking forward too, I LOVE Christmas, so in my mind I was running around in circles with excitement. Before the challenge was announced I was just starting to read Baby it's cold outisde by Kerry Barrett, which was actually a lovely book, set in winter, it features an incredibly snowy town in Scotland, so wintery it was really good, check out my review coming soon!

Sadly it is not Christmas related, so I had to pick another book. I had a few in mind incase I managed to read more than one. 

My first choice was 'The Christmas Party' by Carole Matthews. I've mentioned before I love Carole's books, especially the chrstmas ones I have read of hers, so it was an obvious choice to be the first Christmas book of the season. Sadly Sunday-Wednesday flew by, and after finishing 'Baby it's cold outside' on Monday, by Thursday morning I had managed a not so spectacular one chapter!

By the time Friday evening was upon me, I had crawled my way up to 25%, but had lost all hope in my mind of completing this weeks challenge. However by some luck my Saturday plans changed and I was able to complete the book. Once I sat down properly, I absolutely flew through this book. This book is just fabulous, I can't recommend it enough!

I am so happy that I managed to complete this challenge, after thinking on friday that there was no hope for me.

This weeks #SundayChallenge is to read 1 book that is from a genre you wouldn't usually read, 2 Participants will win "The Art of Floating" by , so if you're up for the challenge, let Ana at ThisChickReads know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...