Tuesday 16 December 2014

Top Ten Books I Read In 2014

 Top Ten Books I Read In 2014

Hosted by The Broke and Bookish!


Well, after a long break of Top Ten Tuesdays, I would really like to start this blog meme again!
So here it is, in no particular order, my Top Ten Books that I have read in 2014. 



The Memory Book - Rowan Coleman
Wow, what can I say. This book had me in tears quite alot of the time, it was so amazing. This is my favourite book of all time, so it was an easy pick for this list. 

The Time of Our Lives - Jane Costello
The first book of Jane's I have read and I can't believe I missed out for so long! Absolutely hilarious, and Barcelona has certainly been added to the list of places I want to visit!




A Proper Family Holiday / A Proper Family Christmas - Chrissie Manby 
OK OK, I realise this is too books, so technically I am cheating, you caught me! In my defence, they are two books of a series, both published this year, and some of the timelines are shared! Anyway this book is so full of lovable characters I cannot help but grin while i read this book :)

The Christmas Party - Carole Matthews
Simply, I loved this book! A really interesting set of characters, and was my first christmas read of this year, a perfect start to the season.



One Night in Italy - Lucy Diamond
Really enjoyed this book, a really heart warming read about friendship, and delicious recipes in the back!

The Accident - C. L. Taylor
The first thriller I read this year, and it has stuck with me for the whole year, really intriguing!



The Best Thing That Never Happened To Me - Laura Tait & Jimmy Rice
This book has convinced me that books written by two authors can work (previous experiences had been bad). It is such a charming book.

Breaking Nova - Jessica Sorensen
I have read quite a few new adult books this year, and they have all been superb, but I think this one really stood out to me, and I cannot wait to read the follow-up.


  



What Would Mary Berry Do? - Claire Sandy
One of the funniest book I've ever read, and really loved reading about Marie's journey on becoming a great baker!

Thirteen Weddings - Paige Toon
I love Paige Toon's books, and this one is no different. Gorgeous male lead, great friends and a great protagonist, another great summer read from Paige!



What books have you enjoyed reading this year?

2 comments:

  1. I love how whimsy these book covers are. Great list, Rachaele!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, interesting list of books!! I haven't read any of the books on your TTT post. I'll have to check them out. Here's a link to my TTT for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2014/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-i-read-in.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...