Friday 19 December 2014

Dying For Christmas by Tammy Cohen



Synopsis
I am missing. Held captive by a blue-eyed stranger. 

To mark the twelve days of Christmas, he gives me a gift every day, each more horrible than the last. The twelfth day is getting closer. 

After that, there’ll be no more Christmas cheer for me. No mince pies, no carols. No way out …

But I have a secret. No-one has guessed it. Will you?


Review
I read this book for Thriller/Mystery week on #SundayChallenge, I had really enjoyed ‘The Broken’ earlier this year and with the Christmas theme, this was the perfect choice for that.

Tammy’s writing is utterly gripping and it was hard to put it down. Reading about Jessica’s captivity was really spine chilling, and learning about Dominic’s past was both creepy and sinister in equal measures. The way he called Jessica ‘Sweetheart’ made my skin crawl. While you read Jessica’s story, it is interlaced with Kim, the police officer who is working on the case. At first it isn't clear exactly who she is and how she fits in, but it soon becomes clear and it is important to her story Arc.

I don’t want to speak too much about the plot, as I feel I could give it away. The twist is incredible, at one point I thought ‘could it be this’ and then put it out of my mind as a ridiculous thought, but I was partially there with it, and I couldn't believe it when it happened. There was a couple of things I am puzzled about, maybe I missed something in the book that explains them, and will definitely make sure to look out for them if I re-read this. Also it is one of those books that leaves you wondering, and I would have liked a more definite conclusion, or a bigger hint if what I think it means is what happens. I NEED TO READ MORE OF THIS!!!!!!

Despite these small issues, and I really do mean small. This is an amazing read, and will stick in my mind for a long time. Definitely a different take on the usual Christmas book I read.



Order on Amazon now!

Published by: Transworld

Gratefully received from the Publisher for review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...