Wednesday 26 March 2014

Skeletons by Jane Fallon

Synopsis
All Jen had ever wanted was a big, happy family. And when she married Jason and became part of the Masterson clan that's exactly what she got. For years everything was perfect. But then Jen sees something that she was never meant to see; unearths a secret she was never supposed to discover. If she tells, then her idyllic life might be over. But can she really keep it to herself?
Review
I have read all of Jane Fallon's novels before this one, and I absolutely loved them all, especially "Getting Rid of Matthew" which is one of my all time favourite books, so I was excited when I received this on my Kindle!

Jen's family, until she meets Jason, has been very small, just her and her mother, as her father left her mother when Jen was just 8 years old. When she meets Jason, she is welcomed into the family fold and enjoys spending every sunday there, with his two sisters, and parents-in-law. 


The Masterson family dynamic is warm, friendly, pretty much picture perfect, a far cry from Jen's childhood. It is what anyone would wish for. I liked this family, they all had their own personalities, but fitted well together. 

Jen was a great lead character, and I really felt for her, after she discovers a secret that she wished she hadn't, she struggles with what to do.

I really liked the scenes where she was at work, the banter she had with Sean (who I loved) and the relationship she had with her colleagues, the whole "Mrs Neil" thing was really funny I thought.

The character I liked least was Cass, I know she wasn't happy with the situation she was in, and I don't blame her, but I don't think she handled it well at all, and was unnecessarily mean towards Jen. She came across as quite brattish to me, but maybe this was the difference in age between her and Jen.


The ending I thought was interesting, and my opinions of alot of people changed a fair bit, which surprised me. Overall I really enjoyed this book, and it kept me hooked right until the end.



Released on 27th March 2014

Pre order on Amazon now!

Published by: Penguin Books UK

Gratefully received from the Publisher for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...