Thursday 10 April 2014

Keep Your Friends Close by Paula Day

Synopsis
Natty and Sean Wainwright are happily married. Rock solid in fact. So when Natty’s oldest friend, Eve Dalladay, appears – just as their daughter collapses on a school trip in France – Natty has no qualms about leaving Eve with Sean to help out at home.

Two weeks later and Natty finds Eve has slotted into family life too well. Natty’s husband has fallen in love with Eve. He’s sorry, he tells her, but their marriage is over. 

With no option but to put a brave face on things for the sake of the children, Natty embarks on building a new life for herself.

And then she receives the note. 
Eve has done this before, more than once, and with fatal consequences...


Review

After reading 'The Accident' by C. L. Taylor and a few other thrillers of similar style, I have really gotten into that genre, and when I saw this on Netgalley, I jumped at the chance to read this, the blurb sounded really interesting!

A lot of books I seem to be reading at the moment seem to come from different viewpoints, this one does to, and it is great to see each of the characters in more depth, I especially enjoyed reading Eve, her twisted mind was fascinating. 

Alice and Felicity, Natty and Sean's daughters were great, and while I didn't particularly like Sean at first, I really warmed to him in the end. 

As for Natty herself, I had mixed feelings for, she has a really stupid side to her when she gets angry, where, and while I understand her reasons I can't bring myself to like her. On the other hand, because of what happens, I do feel for her. However, this book was fantastic to read, and disliking Natty at times didn't distract from my enjoyment of the book at all!

Another great thing about this book was I was never sure which way the book was going to turn and the final twist was shocking to say the least, I don't think I would ever have seen that coming!



Buy on Amazon now!

Published By:Random House UK, Transworld Publishers

Gratefully recieved from the publisher for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...