Thursday 10 April 2014

The Best Thing That Never Happened to Me by Laura Tait and Jimmy Rice

Synopsis
One boy + one girl = two sides to this love story...

Everyone remembers their first love.


Holly has learnt that life isn't about seizing the moment. She might have harboured dreams about travelling the world as a teenager, but she let go of those – just as she let go of Alex.


But what if the feelings never really went away?


Alex wants to make every moment of his new job count. It’s a fresh start in a new city, and he knows that moving to London has nothing to do with Holly. Well, probably.


How do you know if it was meant to be… or never meant to happen at all?

Review
Initially, when I saw the synopsis I really wanted to read this book, but I was a bit weary, as other books I have read by two authors, I haven't particularly enjoyed. How wrong was I? Very! 'The best thing that never happened to me' is one of those books that just made me smile pretty much the entire time.

This book is told through the eyes of the lead characters, Holly and Alex. I love books that show different viewpoints, and this one does them really well. It is great to read a man and woman's view of the same event. There are also flashbacks to the past, which adds to the characters history.

Both Holly and Alex are so delightful, especially Alex, it was great to see him at work in the school, trying to make a difference. The supporting characters were also great, I loved how the relationship between Holly and Richard was written. I also adored Kev, who starts off as annoying at first but who really develops the further you get into the book.

At times this book was laugh out loud funny, I certainly got at least one strange look from my boyfriend! The end kept me guessing all the way to the last few pages. It is just simply, a fantastic read! 



Released on 10th April 2014 (ebook) 3rd July 2014 (paperback)

Order on Amazon now!

Published by: Random House UK

Gratefully received from the Publisher for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...