Wednesday 4 June 2014

Ice Creams at Carrington's by Alexandra Brown

Synopsis
Georgie Hart and Carrington’s Department Store have got the world at their feet. Since a reality TV series put them both on the map, life has been amazing! Carrington’s profits are in the pink, Georgie has carved herself a place in the nation’s heart and even better, her romance with Tom, the store’s boss, has finally blossomed after a shaky start.

Now summertime has come to Mulberry-on-Sea and Georgie is in great demand. The town is holding a big summer festival and she and her mates from Carrington’s are planning on making sure that Mulberry puts on the show of its life!


But Georgie is about to get the offer of a lifetime – one that is just too good to turn down and something that will test her loyalties to their limits… Will Georgie be able to pull off it off once again, or has her luck finally run out?

Review

I have read both the previous installments of the Carrington’s series by Alexandra Brown, and I have adored them. They have a heart-warming feel about them, it brings back memories of an old fashioned department store I used to visit as a child, which, sadly closed down a long time ago.

This book had me hooked from the beginning, and what I thought was going to be a relatively straight forward plot, focusing mainly on the regatta, actually turned into a lot more, which was wonderful. I feel so sorry for Georgie, she just couldn't catch a break at airports!!


All the characters are back and as wonderful as ever. Eddie is the lively friend, who has become famous so is even more of a diva than I remember. Sam is a new mum to twins, and I really liked her part in the book, you saw a more vulnerable side to her, she needed Georgie this time, as opposed to Georgie leaning on Sam in her time of need.

Mr Carrington is as gorgeous and charming as ever, and if I was Georgie, you wouldn't have to as me twice to move in with him, that’s for sure.

The regatta theme was delightful to imagine, the perfect complement to the Carrington's store in the quintessentially English feeling I get from these books. Georgie’s ideas were wonderful, and I also would have cringed at some of the activities mentioned in the first committee meeting, welly throwing indeed!


The ending really shocked me as I would never have seen it coming, although looking back, maybe I should have, otherwise there would have been a small loose end, so it all wrapped up really nicely!


Alexandra Brown has absolutely cracked it with this series. It has the old fashioned romantic feel about it the whole way through, I hope this series continues for a long time!


Released on 5th June 2014
Order on Amazon now!

Published by: HarperCollins UK

Gratefully received from the Publisher for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...