Wednesday 9 July 2014

When Alice Met Danny by T.A. Williams


Synopsis
What's in a name?

Devastated after losing her job, eternal pragmatist Alice leaves London for a new start in Devon. It’s there that she meets Danny.

Then she meets another Danny.

And then she meets Daniel – Danny to his friends…

In fact, there seems to be a Danny at every turn! Her neighbour’s a Danny; there’s little baby Danny; there’s a vicar, a windsurfer, even a dog called Danny! And whether it’s laughter, comfort, a flutter of romance or a walk along the beach, they each bring something special to Alice’s new life.

You might say it’s a coincidence. Alice certainly would… at first! But when she suddenly risks losing not just one Danny, but all of them, she begins to wonder: might there be more in a name than she ever guessed?

Review
When Alice met Danny is maybe the first book in this genre I have read that is written by a man, and T. A. Williams has done a splendid job!

The writing is instantly gripping, and I was hooked from the first line. This book is relaxing, Alice is so charming, you instantly warm to her, I felt bad for her when she realised her bargain of a house was a house for a reason. She handles this really well, showing her strong character.

I found Alice finding lots of Danny’s really funny – though I think I connect with this because the name Sarah follows me around – Loads of people, beginning while I was at school call me Sarah (even in replying to emails from Rachel!) and the only two other people in my office I work with have wives called Sarah, very weird lol!

The Dannys that Alice met were all very different. You have 3 adult Dannys, all with different personalities. Danny her work friend who is really friendly, and you can instantly tell he fancies the pants off Alice. Her new Neighbour ‘My friends call me Danny’ who I had reservations about from the beginning, he was just a tiny bit creepy in my opinion. Finally there was the local landowner Daniel, who has a mysterious persona, but came across so nice, I really liked him! As well as those there was baby Danny, and Danny the adorable black Labrador that Alice ends up adopting.

The best Danny in my opinion however, was one you only learned about from letters sent by him in WW1 that Alice finds in the house that she bought These were so interesting to read, and I loved how this really intrigued Alice about finding out exactly who this Danny was, and inspiring her to learn more about World War 1.

The rest of the cast were all very lovely and welcoming, you got a real sense of small village community life.

This book was really warming, delightful read, and another one that could easily have been read in one sitting, had real life not interfered.



Order on Amazon now!

Published by: 
Carina
Gratefully received from the Publisher for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...