Thursday 31 July 2014

#Sunathon Wrap Up

Sorry for the delay in writing this, better late than never I hope!

This is the first read-a-thon I have participated in, and only really decided to join in about 7pm the night before it started. This started a frantic time where I couldn't decide which books to choose, thanks to those on twitter who calmed me down and helped me :).

I decided on a rather ambitious 6 books.
  • Black Diamond by Havana Adams
  • You're The One That I Want by Giovanna Fletcher
  • Stolen by Lucy Christopher
  • Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
  • Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuire
  • One Hundred Pieces of Me by Lucy Dillon (Audiobook)
After Day 1 I felt good, I had finished Black Diamond (a very good book, read my review here) I had listened to a good portion of 'One Hundred Pieces of Me' and was raring to go onto 'You're the One That I Want'. Day 2 however was a bit of a flop, I read barely 10 pages. Day 3-5 I cannot remember, only that I managed to complete 'You're the One That I Want' and finished listening to 'One Hundred Pieces of Me' so it can't have been too bad. So three books down and three to go and the weekend stretching before me.

The weekend was OK, I hoped to squeeze at least 1 book in, maybe 1 and a half, but I was alot busier than I expected and I managed to read about half of Beautiful Oblivion.

So in total I read 2 and a half real books, and 1 audiobook (which kinda feels like cheating lol).
  • Black Diamond by Havana Adams
  • You're The One That I Want by Giovanna Fletcher
  • Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuire (Half Complete)
  • One Hundred Pieces of Me by Lucy Dillon (Audiobook)
Not bad, better than a normal week I think - mostly down to the audiobook, I think normally my reading average is 2, so I'll make sure to listen to more audiobooks :)

I really enjoyed this read-a-thon and a HUGE thank you to Emma Louise for organising this - Check out her blog here!

I cannot wait till #fallathon this october!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...