Thursday 21 August 2014

Pieces of You by Ella Harper

Synopsis
The perfect marriage.
A devastating secret.
An impossible choice.

Lucy was always sure of one thing – her future with husband and soulmate Luke. But after eight long, heartbreaking years trying to have a baby, that future is crumbling before her eyes.


When a terrible accident puts Luke into a coma, Lucy is forced to reassess everything she thought she wanted.


Then Stella arrives. A woman Lucy’s never met, but with a secret that will change her world forever . .





Review

In the past week or so, if someone has tweeted about a book being amazing, guaranteed I didn’t have to look to know it was this book, so I moved it up my TBR pile as it sounded exactly what I needed to read.

The story is so delicately and beautifully written, I couldn’t put this book down. I initially thought It was going to ‘only’ deal with infertility (a classic case of me not reading the synopsis properly) but it deals with so many hard hitting issues, and it’s all the better for it. The book is emotional and all the characters are going through so much, you really feel for them, especially Lucy.


Oh, Lucy. Where do I even begin with how I felt about Lucy? Her pain and sorrow at her lack of a child was so sad. Lucy is also flawed, not massively and certainly not intentionally I must add, she is still a lovely person, but her pain has caused her to, understandably, become slightly self-involved, unaware of other people’s issues. I love the fact that the author has showed us this side of her as well as the side you sympathise with, it would have been so easy to paint Lucy as this perfect person, but no one is perfect.

I loved her relationship with Luke, from the outside it did seem so perfect. Luke was adorable and his love for her was obvious to see.

The other characters are also complex with their own issues. I liked how each character grew and developed, the whole family grew closer by the end and it was just beautiful to read, especially Ade.  Dee and Dan were a great couple, and it was nice to have people outside of the family to have such a strong, supportive role to Lucy.


I don’t feel there is a great deal more I can say without giving more of the plot away, but this book is as special as everyone else is saying. Definitely a book I didn’t want to end, and will stay in my memory for a very long time.



Order on Amazon now!

Published by: Avon

Gratefully received from the Publisher for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...