Sunday 4 January 2015

New Year Resolutions!

I thought I would do a post talking about my resolutions for this year, I only have a few but I think each one will make me significantly happier, so lets hope I can stick to them!

1) Lose weight
This must be among the most popular resolutions, and it been on my list for more years than I care to remember. However in 2013 I lost 2 and a half stone, and while I lost focus in 2014, I kept the weight off and so I am positive I can do it again. I have a lot of weight to lose and it may take me more than one year to achieve the amount of weight I wish to get rid of, I am positive if I re-focus I can do it!

2) Dedicate more time to reading
My TBR is massive, and it’s a little overwhelming at times. I need to get a routine sorted and learn to tolerate noise while I am reading I think it will be a little bit easier. Hopefully I will have more time in general now as well, so I am sure that will help.

3) To update my blog more often
Obviously if I am reading more I will be able to update more. Since mid-July I haven’t been reading as much, so my blog has been not as good as I know I can make it. Obviously if I achieve resolution 2 then this will help, but I want to dedicate more time in organising my blog, doing different posts (top tens, #Sunday challenges etc.) and keep up my drink pairing with my reviews, stuff like that which maybe makes my blog more interesting.

4) Do things I wouldn't normally do
OK, OK, I’m not going bungee jumping, or sky-diving, I’m still scared of that sort of stuff lol! Yesterday I met up with Suzanne (from Librarian Lavender), Sophie (from 23rd Review Street) and Tanya (who can be found on twitter here). I was quite apprehensive and nervous, as I feel very shy when meeting new people and am always scared of coming across as an idiot (I know, I know, they wouldn't be far wrong!). So while I really wanted to meet all 3 of them in real life, I was secretly bricking it inside. However, I went to Cwmbran and met them, and I am so, so glad I did. They are all wonderful people, and it goes to show that sometimes I just have to ignore my head sometimes and just roll with it!

Hoping you all have a great 2015! :)

3 comments:

  1. I loved meeting you and I really like you! I'm always scared when I meet new people as well, I'm afraid people will find me too stiff. I had such a good time and I'm really happy we've met! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed meeting you. The men seemed to enjoy it too. It was lovely to just chat and the girls were quite well behaved. Greg said we must come and meet you your way sometime. Zxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so great meeting you! I get nervous about things as well, especially important things :) I had such a wonderful time and I am so glad to have met you all :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...